Ohio Chapter Raffle
The Ohio Chapter of the National Scleroderma Foundation is raffling off a 10-night stay in Kihei, Maui, HI (vrbo.com299909 2 bedroom, 2 bath, sleeps 4 condo + airfare allowance up to $2,000) or $2,000 cash.
Raffle tickets are $25 per ticket and can be purchased by contacting Executive Director Liz Mulroy at firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-463-5843.
By entering this raffle (the “Promotion”), entrant accepts and agrees to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final in all matters.
- HOW TO ENTER: In order to submit an entry to this Promotion, an entrant must: (1) purchase a raffle ticket at a cost of $25.00 USD per ticket, (2) print entrant’s name and phone number on the ticket, and (3) place the ticket(s) in the drawing box. No mechanically reproduced or photocopied entries are accepted. Entrants may enter as often as they wish, but each entry must meet all of the requirements of these Official Rules. Entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Entries must be received by September 17, 2023 (“Promotion Entry Period”).
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., 21 years of age and older as of [June 3, 2023], except for employees of Ohio Chapter of the National Scleroderma Foundation (“Sponsor”), National Scleroderma Foundation and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies and members of their immediate family or persons living in the same household. Void where prohibited.
- DRAWING: A random drawing for the Grand Prize will be conducted on or about September 24, 2023 by Sponsor. Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received. Potential winners will be notified by mail and/or phone and must sign and return any required Affidavit of Eligibility and Release within 14 days of the date notice is sent or such other date set by Sponsor. Winner does not have to be present to win, but if we cannot make out the winner’s telephone number and/or it is not written out correctly, the winner will forfeit his/her claim to a prize. Failure to respond within the applicable time period will result in forfeiture of prize and Sponsor shall have the option to award the prize to an alternate winner. All income taxes resulting from acceptance of prize are the responsibility of winner.
- PRIZES: (1) Grand Prize: One Grand Prize Winner will receive the following (the “Grand Prize”): (i) ten (10) consecutive day stay in a two-bedroom two-bathroom condo located in Kihei, Maui, Hawaii (the “Vacation Rental”) (approximate retail value (“ARV”): $3,000); and (ii) a total airfare allowance of $2,000. Travel must be completed between November 1, 2023 and November 3, 2024 or it will be forfeited in its entirety. Actual value of the Vacation Rental depends on market fluctuations. ARV of total Grand Prize: $5,000. In lieu of accepting the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner will have the option of receiving $2,000 in cash (the “Cash Option”). If the Grand Prize Winner cannot accept or use the Grand Prize due to a force majeure event or any other reason as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, Grand Prize Winner shall receive the Cash Option. Total ARV of the Grand Prize is $2,000 if Grand Prize Winner selects the Cash Option in lieu of the Grand Prize. Winner is responsible for all federal, state, local and income taxes associated with winning prize. Prize winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security Number for the sole purpose of preparation of tax forms as required by law.
- TRAVEL-RELATED DISCLOSURES AND DISCLAIMERS: All costs, taxes, fees, and expenses associated with any element of the Grand Prize not specifically addressed above are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner, including but not limited to, ground transportation to and from home, taxes, gratuities, incidentals, upgrades, insurance, service charges, airport surcharges, departure taxes, luggage fees, food & beverage and personal expenses such as telephone/Internet charges, and other incidental charges are the sole responsibility of prize winner. Winner and travel companion must travel on same itinerary. Winner and travel companion must have valid photo ID and any other required documentation prior to departure, including, if applicable COVID-19 vaccination and negative testing status as may be required by any transportation authority or local, state or national law or regulation. The Vacation Rental prize is subject to availability, blackout dates and the rules, terms and conditions of the Vacation Rental owner. Availability is subject to factors such as weather, seasonality and space availability. Trip must be booked one (1) month in advance and is only available from November 1, 2023 and November 3, 2024. In the event the Grand Prize Winner’s residence is close enough to Vacation Rental such that air transportation is deemed by Sponsor in its sole discretion to be unnecessary, the Sponsor reserves the right to remove airfare benefit. The Grand Prize Winner’s and his/her travel companion are responsible for obtaining any travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or partake in the Grand Prize with no travel companion, no additional compensation will be awarded. If weather or other incident or conditions beyond the control of the Sponsor affects the ability for the Grand Prize Winner and his/her travel companion to redeem any portion of prize during the scheduled date and time, then the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner and/or travel companion other than to supply the remaining elements of the prize package minus the unused portion of prize. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Sponsor is not liable for expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any transportation or other prize element except at the sole and absolute discretion of Sponsor. If for any reason whatsoever, the Grand Prize Winner and/or travel companions are unable to travel after all travel arrangements have been made and paid, the Sponsor shall have no further obligation to the Grand Prize Winner. If prize is forfeited prior to Sponsor finalizing and paying for travel, and there is sufficient time to notify an alternate winner, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner in a separate random drawing from among all non-winning eligible entries. SPONSOR HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, ALL DAMAGES, CLAIMS AND LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF THE PRIZES AND ANY AND ALL TRAVEL RELATING TO THE GRAND PRIZE. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF THIS PROMPTION OR THE GRAND PRIZE INCLUDING ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO ANY TRAVEL OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF WINNER’S (AND HIS/HER TRAVEL COMPANION’S) ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE GRAND PRIZE.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited by law, entry and acceptance of prize constitute permission to use winner’s name, prize won, hometown, likeness, video tape, photographs, and statements for purposes of advertising, promotion and publicity (including online posting) in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity, without additional compensation, notification or permission.
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: By entering this raffle, entrants waive all right to, and hold harmless the Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies from, any claim, liability, loss, damage (including punitive, incidental, and consequential damages), or expense (including attorneys’ fees) arising out of or in connection with participation in this sweepstakes or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize or participation in this Promotion. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. Sponsor and its affiliates, subsidiaries, and agencies will not be responsible for: lost, late, misdirected, damaged, illegible, incomplete, incorrect, or postage due entries; lost, late, or misdirected prize notices; or any typographical, or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the raffle, or announcement of the prizes. In the event of any such error, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify this sweepstakes in a manner deemed appropriate by the Sponsor. All federal and state laws apply.
- CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM: Entrant agrees that all matters arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules are governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Ohio, without giving effect to any of its conflict of laws provisions thereof. Entrant further agrees that any legal suit, action, or proceeding arising out of or relating to this sweepstakes and these Official Rules shall be brought exclusively in the applicable federal or state courts located in Youngstown, Ohio.
- GENERAL: By participating, each entrant agrees to abide by these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final and binding in all respects relating to this raffle. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, misdirected, undelivered, garbled, illegible or postage-due mail or entries; or for technical failure or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing, or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Promotion, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Promotion, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes and the winner, or in any Promotion-related materials. Persons who tamper with or abuse any aspect of the Promotion, act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or who are in violation of these Official Rules, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and all associated entries will be void. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to suspend, modify, or terminate the Promotion should any portion of the Promotion be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by virus, worms, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play, or submission of entries, or for any other reason determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion and, if terminated, at its discretion, select the potential winner for the drawing at issue from all eligible, non-suspect entries received for the applicable drawing prior to action taken or as otherwise deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor. These Official Rules may only be amended, modified or suspended by Sponsor executives. The Official Rules cannot be amended or modified by any representation, written or oral, made by any other representative or purported representative of the Sponsor. Sponsor’s failure to or decision not to enforce any provision in these Official Rules will not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. In the event there is an alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency between disclosures or other statements contained in any Promotion-related materials and/or these Official Rules (including any alleged discrepancy or inconsistency in these Official Rules), these Official Rules will govern and such alleged or actual ambiguity, discrepancy, or inconsistency will be resolved in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Official Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. If Sponsor determines at any time in its sole discretion that the winner or potential winner is disqualified, ineligible, or in violation of these Official Rules, Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to select an alternate winner, even if the disqualified potential winner’s name may have been shown or announced publicly. If any person supplies false information, obtains entries by fraudulent means, or is otherwise determined to be in violation of these Official Rules in an attempt to obtain any prize, Sponsor may disqualify that person and seek damages from him or her and that person may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
- WINNERS LIST: For the names of all prize winners, available after September 24, 2023, send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: National Scleroderma Foundation – Ohio Chapter, 300 Rosewood Drive, Suite 105, Danvers, MA 01923.
- SPONSOR: Ohio Chapter of the National Scleroderma Foundation. The National Scleroderma Foundation is headquartered at 300 Rosewood Drive, Suite 105, Danvers, MA 01923. All proceeds from the raffle will go to benefit the Ohio Chapter of the National Scleroderma Foundation, a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.