The Program for Youth Living with Scleroderma
You’ll have a chance to reconnect in person at the 2022 KGS2 conference in Bellevue, Washington, on July 15, 16, 17. Registration and scholarship applications should be available in February 2022. To stay up to date on conference news, please submit your email here. www.scleroderma.org/kgs2ealerts
KGS2 is for youth, ages 5 to 17, who are living with scleroderma and for their immediate family members, including parents or guardians and siblings only.
KGS2 creates a safe and fun atmosphere for youth living with scleroderma to be themselves while they learn about their disease and interact with their peers.
Educational activities are organized into age-appropriate groupings of younger children (5-12) and teens (13-17).
Parents and guardians attending the conference will have their own session tracks designed specifically for the needs associated with raising a child with scleroderma.
Siblings also benefit by learning about what their sister or brother is experiencing.
KGS2 works closely with pediatric providers from across the United States to design a program where young attendees and their caregivers can learn about scleroderma in a fun environment that promotes making new connections.
We strive to create an engaging, fun experience.
Leading pediatric rheumatologists present essential information to help families navigate their scleroderma journey and find their best path forward.
Five to Twelve Year Olds
- Yoga for the Special Child®
- Scleroderma 101: L-E-A-R-N
- Play, Fun, Move in just a Minute
Thirteen to Seventeen Year Olds
- Advocacy for Youth with Scleroderma
- Talking to Your Peers About Scleroderma
- Transition Mindshift
- Penny For Your Thoughts: Questions from the Jar Are Answered
- Pediatric Scleroderma: What Is It? Where Do We Go From Here?
- Dermatology & Skin Care in Scleroderma
- Navigating Chronic Illness: A Parent’s Perspective
- What’s Happening in Scleroderma Research
- How to be an Effective School Advocate for a Child with Scleroderma
- Teach Your Children to Be Masters of Their Universe Within by Setting an Example
To receive email updates when registration, scholarship, and programming information are available, please enter your email address at www.scleroderma.org/kgs2ealerts