Let’s Talk About Scleroderma
June is Scleroderma Awareness Month. Join us this year for “Let’s Talk About Scleroderma.” Let’s Talk About Scleroderma urges our local communities to engage in conversations about scleroderma with those familiar and unfamiliar about this rare disease. Anyone can have scleroderma. The cause is still unknown and there is no cure. We can help you find your best path forward. Throughout June we will be featuring videos, social posts, live chats, roundtables, light ups, proclamations, Stepping Out to Cure Scleroderma walks, and so much more!
Awareness Month will culminate on World Scleroderma Day, June 29. World Scleroderma Day highlights the need to increase awareness of scleroderma and to advocate for those affected by this life-threatening disease. June 29 was selected in 2009 by FESCA (Federation of European Scleroderma Associations) as World Scleroderma Day to commemorate Paul Klee, a gifted abstract artist who died of systemic sclerosis on June 29, 1940.
Join us for the #TealTalk Series
To celebrate Scleroderma Awareness Month, we are bringing our community together for our first-ever #TealTalk series of virtual roundtable discussions and live conversations with special guests. You won’t want to miss this!
Be sure to mark your calendars for these dates and be on the lookout for more information to come. All #TealTalk events are at 12 pm EST and all live events are on Facebook.
Thursday, June 1: #TealTalk Table
Tuesday, June 6: #TealTalk Live
Thursday, June 8: #TealTalk Table
Tuesday, June 13: #TealTalk Live
Thursday, June 15: #TealTalk Table
Tuesday, June 20: #TealTalk Live
Thursday, June 22: #TealTalk Table
Tuesday, June 27: #TealTalk Live
Thursday, June 29: #TealTalk Table
Proclamations and Light Ups
- A proclamation is an official designation of an event. Proclamations are a great way to educate the public about a specific issue and bring attention to a cause.
- It is an effective tool for gaining public recognition of your event because it carries the full support of a key government official in your state or community.
- During scleroderma awareness month in June, we will be lighting up across the USA.
- Why? To raise awareness
- Theme: Let’s talk about scleroderma
- Hashtag: #tealtalk
To share photos from proclamations and light-ups you have secured, please complete this form: scleroderma.org/awareness_light_up_photo_submit
Social Media Outreach & Toolkit
During the month of June, the Foundation will post on our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn), with videos and photos that communicate our theme of “Let’s Talk About Scleroderma.” We encourage everyone in the scleroderma community to share these posts onto their own social media accounts in order to reach the widest audience possible.
The 2023 awareness videos will be saved to our YouTube channel “Awareness” playlist.
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 1
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 2
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 3
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 4
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 5
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 6
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 7
- Scleroderma Awareness Month – Post 8
Help us elevate the conversation and download your own toolkit today!