Registration OPEN for National Scleroderma Conference
Join us at July 14, 15 and 16, 2023 for the National Scleroderma Conference in Orlando, Florida! This is a hybrid conference, and virtual attendance will also be available for those unable to join us in person.
>> Registration is now open at https://scleroderma.org/national-conference/
The conference offers an information-rich opportunity for people living with scleroderma, their caregivers, family members, and friends. Workshops, panel discussions and other educational sessions are led by leading scleroderma researchers and healthcare professionals. Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with scleroderma for many years, this conference is a great way to learn about the disease and connect with others affected by scleroderma.
We are excited to host children and families impacted by scleroderma for our Kids Get Scleroderma, Too! Conference at this time as well. Registration is linked above.
Congratulations, J. Michael Levengood, Esquire
I was honored to be a guest of Mike and Peggy Levengood, both long-time champions and volunteer leaders of the National Scleroderma Foundation, for the 23rd Annual Justice Robert Benham Awards for Community Service in Atlanta on March 2. Mike was honored with the Lifetime Achievement Award for his lifelong commitment and devotion to serving others. You can learn more and view videos and photos of the honorees at http://cjcpga.org/benhamcsa23/.
Upcoming Meetings and Events
- March 20, 2023 | Clinical Trials: What you need to know with Maureen Mayes, MD (Register here)
- March 31, 2023 | Advances in Scleroderma Research Global Webinar (Register here)
- April 1 Amy K. Parrish Educational Event hosted by the South Carolina Chapter (Hybrid event, register here)
- April 8 Patient Education Day hosted by the Rocky Mountain Chapter (more details available here)
- April 22 Michigan Chapter’s Mount Pleasant Stepping Out Walk (Register here)
Call for Leadership Nominations
The Foundation is now accepting nominations for volunteer leadership service for the Board of Directors, as well as the Patient Advisory Board and Medical and Scientific Advisory Board. Pending approval, new leaders will begin service July 1, 2023, and serve a three-year term ending June 30, 2026.
- Submit nominations for Board of Directors here
- Submit nominations for Patient Advisory Board here
- Submit nominations for Medical and Scientific Advisory Board here
Click the links above to self-nominate, or share with a colleague, or email email@example.com for more information!
Ready to Return
The Board recently approved a new policy and guidance to guide a safe return to in-person meetings and events. More information is available on our website at https://scleroderma.org/health-and-safety/.
We look forward to hosting our community to healthy and safe in-person meetings and events in 2023!
Thank you for your continued support of people living with scleroderma, their families and support networks. Please don’t hesitate to reach out if I can be helpful to you in your journey.
Mary J. Wheatley, IOM, CAE
Chief Executive Officer