No one knows what you are going through like others with scleroderma. Our volunteer-led support groups enable individuals with scleroderma to meet and exchange information with others who face similar challenges. These groups provide a forum to share thoughts, feelings and concerns with others who understand the experience of living with scleroderma. Support group leaders train with a comprehensive program developed with our partners at SPIN (Scleroderma Patient-centered Network). The Upper Great Lakes Chapter Support Groups also include educational components.
We are committed to keeping our community healthy and safe. All support groups will remain virtual. To access more information about any of our support groups, visit Find a Support Group and search based on your zip code and topics.
Upper Great Lakers Support Groups:
- Michigan – The Autoimmune and Scleroderma Support Group – virtual/open to all
- Minnesota – North Metro
- Minnesota – West Metro
Virtual National Scleroderma Support Groups:
- Bereavement Support
- Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)
- Adults and Parents of Children with Localized Scleroderma
- Newly Diagnosed Support Group
- Parents of Children with Scleroderma
- Scleroderma Young Adults Seeking Connection (SYNC) Support Group
- Spanish Speaking/Bilingual
- The 20%: A Virtual Support Group for Males Living with Scleroderma
In addition to local support groups, the Upper Great Lakes Chapter will have two topical support groups. The 20%: A Virtual Support Group for Males Living with Scleroderma and Parents of Children with Scleroderma.
Please RSVP before attending a meeting to ensure there are no changes to the meeting schedule and to receive any virtual login information. Groups are free of charge and open to everyone.
Get Involved and Become a Support Group Leader!
The Upper Great Lakes Chapter is now recruiting Support Group Leaders. If you are interested, please email email@example.com.